Acrobat 9.0 for Legal Professionals
With the release of Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Professional, Adobe Systems now delivers features specific to the legal profession, including Bates numbering and redaction. Building on a solid foundation, Acrobat 9.0 gives legal professionals the power to intuitively create and access PDF files, collect information, securely control access to information, and facilitate collaboration.
Several new features include:
- Enhanced redaction and Bates numbering
- File splitting
- Better save to Word with flowing text
- PDF Portfolios (PDF on steroids!)
- More powerful document comparison features
- Compare all changes in documents including text, images, moved pages, etc.
- Summarize changes as annotations to documents
- Find differences in pictures
- Choose what you want to compare- or ignore- including images, headers and footers, etc.
- Use nicely designed layouts which can play Flash movies
- Organize files in folders
- Built-in preview of Word, Excel, and other Office files
- Search non-PDF documents in a package
- Sort by date, number or text
- Rename files
- Direct editing of header fields
- Redact using Word Lists
- Redact entire pages
- Apply Redactions in batch
- Automatically rename files with a suffix of your choosing (_redacted)
Bates Numbering is the consecutive numbering of legal documents. You can Bates number all of the files in a PDF Portfolio in a single step, even converting common Office formats automatically along the way. Keeping all the files in a PDF Portfolio is convenient and makes it easy to deliver and maintain the document set.
- Easily select entire folders for numbering
- Set an output folder so your originals stay untouched
- Rename files on output with a prefix or suffix
- Rename files to Bate range e.g. 000001-000039.pdf
Save to Word
- OCR multiple documents
- Improved speed
- Save documents with flowing text
- Retain most formatting for easier editing
- Export multiple PDFs to Word or other formats using Export Multiple feature
Typewriter Tool to Complete Any Form
- Archive email to a PDF Portfolio from Outlook and Lotus Notes
- Collect more email metadata for "on a budget" EDD
- Sort and filter results using a PDF Portfolio
- Search non-PDF attachments such as Word and Excel files
The typewriter tool provides a simple solution for filling out forms that do not contain interactive form fields. You can type on top of any PDF document, even one you created from a scanner. This allows you to easily fill out paper forms on your computer and archive the results electronically, or send the completed form via email.