Step 1: Overview
In this step you will download DIS-Imaging software if you haven't already done so. You will need to install it on your laptop so that you can demo it to your customers. If you don't have a laptop, we will cover how you can make arrangements to demo the software via Webex.
You will not have to become familiar with every aspect of our software because you will only demo a couple of limited features to your clients. The purpose of the demo is not to show everything about the software, but to engage the customer to conceptualize how it will work in his organization.
It should be noted that CEOs and business owners are big picture people. Unlike IT, they are not concerned with the details. They don't care about bells and whistles; they want to see that our document imaging system will solve their business problems and not create any problems of its own.
They will be concerned about how easy the software is to use. They know that if there is a long learning curve that it will be a major disruption to their business.
They will want to know how this new technology will change their business processes.
The following is a list of questions that the CEO will want answered. Please notice that nowhere on the list are questions like; will it OCR the documents, or will it do zone OCR. They won't ask if the documents can reside on the server or if they must burn them to an optical disk. So forget about all that stuff and focus on what the CEO wants to know. You will need to talk to him in his language, not tech ease.
Step 2: What the CEO wants to know.
1. How much capital will it cost?
2. What other financial and non-financial resources could this risk possibly affect?
3. What is the internal rate of return?
4. What is the lifetime value?
5. What is the time-to-value: how long will it take to realize the promised value?
6. What's being compromised during this time?
7. What do I risk losing during the conversion or ramp-up period?
8. What lag time will I have as my operation goes "live"?
9. What impacts, financial or otherwise, will I experience elsewhere in my operation?
10. Who has to be taught what?
11. What can be done to eliminate the risks associated with the inevitable "learning curve" associated with doing something in a new way?
12. What are the soft values with implementing a document imaging system?
Step 3: Download DIS-Labeling Software
1. Please go to http://www.dissupport.com
2. Look for the second bullet "You can proceed to download DIS-Imaging by clicking HERE". Click on "HERE".
3. You will be prompted for a User Name and Password. Please note, they are case sensitive.
User Name: DISimaging4. Please download and review the DIS-Imaging Installation and Administration Manual and DIS-Imaging System Requirements prior to installing DIS-Imaging.
5. If performing an upgrade, please download and review the Upgrade Instructions prior to upgrading DIS-Imaging.
6. Java Runtime 1.4.2_06 is required, please download and install if your system does not have it. If your system has a more recent version, it will have to be rolled back to 1.4.2_06.
7. Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (or another PDF Viewer) is required. Adobe Reader allows the viewing of PDF files and is free from Adobe. Adobe Acrobat allows you to create and manipulate PDF files outside of DIS-Imaging and must be purchased separately. Any version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - 8.0 will work with DIS-Imaging however, version 8.0 is recommended. Adobe Reader 8.0 is available for download from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
8. Some systems have problems downloading large files. The DIS-Imaging Installers have been configured into several files. All files must be downloaded and saved into the same folder for the installer to function properly. If you have the bandwidth, you may just download the "Full ZIP".
9. For a "Standalone" installation, you will only need the "SERVER" installer.
10. The DIS-Imaging Installation and Administration Manual will guide you through installation setup. The DIS-Imaging Help Manual (accessed from within the DIS-Imaging program) will guide you through using the system.
11. If you have nay questions, please contact Chuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 636-0995. Also please see our support site at www.dissupport.com 12. Thank you for your interest in DIS-Imaging.
================== End of Instruction ==================
You will need to request a registration number from our tech support. If you have any question or need help with the installation, please contact tech support at:
Chuck Kelyman, CTO
Step 4: After the software is installed on your laptop
You will need to download some sample PDF documents that you can use for your demo presentations.
These PDF documents are already labeled and need to be installed on your system so that you can demo searching and retrieving documents using our system.
Click on the following link to download these documents: http://www.disusa.com/download/labeled_pdf.zip
You will also need to download a sample set of unlabeled PDF documents which will be used to demonstrate the labeling function of our software.
Click on the following link to download these documents: http://www.disusa.com/download/unlabeled_pdf.zip
Step 5: Installing demo PDF files into or document imaging system
Step 1: you will have to remove the PDF documents from the zip file. To unzip the file simple double click the zipped file folder and it will open. Click on the file folder and drag it onto your desktop.
Step 2: You will need to copy the PDF documents into the proper file folders on our system.
First you will go to your C drive and open the file folder called DIS-Imaging. You will then open the sub-folder called ScannedPDF. You must then copy the PDF documents that are in the file folder you just unzipped called unlabeled_pdf into the subfolder called ScannedPDF.
(Create a graphic illustration showing the map path to this folder)
Next you will go to your C drive and open the file folder called DIS-Imaging. You will then open the sub-folder called Documents. With in the Documents folder you will see another subfolder called DIS. Open the DIS subfolder. You must then copy the PDF documents that are in the file folder you just unzipped called labeled_pdf into the subfolder called DIS.
(Create a graphic illustration showing the map path to this folder)
Step 6: Execute the initial building of the index
You will not be able to retrieve any documents until you initially build the index. This is an easy step to execute. Simply follow the instructions are illustrated below.
Step 7: Learn how to retrieve documents and label documents
You will only be demonstrating two functions of our document imaging software to your customer; the retrieving documents function and the labeling function. Both of these functions are easy to do so this process should only take 15-20 minutes to get comfortable with this process.